Part Time Financial Manager
The Justice Theater Project (JTP) is a Raleigh based, non-profit, professional theater that produces shows focusing on topics of social concern. These shows are surrounded with outreach, education and advocacy. JTP is a gold star arts group, receiving State Arts Resources funding. JTP’s mission is to produce compelling theater experiences that create community dialogue and give voice to social concerns. This work is accomplished with the guidance of a Board of Directors, Executive Producer, Associate Executive Producer, Administrative Manager, Community Engagement Consultant, Financial Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Education and Outreach Coordinator, and Youth Programs Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be highly organized and able to work independently while also collaborating with staff, board members, and volunteers. The Financial Manager tracks all financial records and maintains data in QuickBooks, manages financial documentation and approvals for transactions. Prepares standard and ad hoc financial reports for the staff and Board of Directors meetings. Participates in annual budget preparation and and provides financial input for grant applications and grantor reports.
Interest in the arts and nonprofit management is a plus. The job requires the ability to commit to facilitating administrative needs, which includes some nights and weekends during grant writing and grant defense season, and participation in the administration of the box office during performance.
The Financial Manager is a part-time permanent position and is a visible and important public “face of JTP” to donors, grantors, patrons, and community partners. This position will work closely with the board and staff to keep a watchful eye on budgets, create budgets for grant proposals, and help accomplish the goals of The Justice Theater Project. The Financial Manager reports directly to the Executive Producer, Melissa Zeph.
· Maintain financial records in Quickbooks
· Manage the financial process flow, transaction approvals, deposits, and maintain current paper and electronic files.
· Engage with hired accounting firm for payroll and tax filings.
· Manage annual financial audit with hired accounting firm. Provide financial records and information as required. Report financial results to staff, Board of Directors, and grantors as required.
· Reconcile monthly bank statements with Quickbooks entries.
· Provide routine and adhoc financial reports to the staff and Board of Directors.
· Perform cash flow analysis and reports to staff.
· Maintains ticketing, attendance, and income records for each production.
· Box office administration during each show run (limited to 1 performance per weekend of each show, as needed)
· Provides financial budget reports to grantors in the format required for grant applications.
· Interfaces with grantors for payments, monthly invoices, reports, and issues that arise.
· Attend grant preparation and grant defense meetings and panels.
· Participate in annual budgeting process and maintain accurate and current budget records.
· Attend weekly staff meetings weekly and Board of Director meetings.
· Keep Treasurer up to date on financial status and any issues that arise regarding financial stability. (weekly)
· Develop and implement measures to increase financial efficiency for transactions, and approvals, including paperless transactions, and approvals.
· Manage effective back-up of electronic records in the event of system failure.
· Discern current credit card vendors, banking needs, and all other financial services, and work with the staff for best practices and partners.
§ Experience in Quickbooks, budgeting, government compliance
§ Experience in a similar position
§ Experience with Google docs, Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Paypal, Square
§ The capacity to embrace challenges and thrive in an environment where creative ideas, independent thinking, personal accountability, and close collegial relationships are appreciated.
§ Part-time permanent position
§ $15,000 annual salary (increasing after July 1, 2018)
§ Paid vacation
§ Paid sick leave
§ Flexible work schedule – work from home or from our office
§ Submit resume and one-page cover letter summarizing 3 experiences that prepare applicant for this position
§ Submit to:
Financial Manager Position
The Justice Theater Project
8208 Brownleigh Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Email questions gladly answered.
Deadline: Applications process closes at 5:00 p.m. on April 9, 2018. All applications must be received via email or snail mail by this date.
Upcoming positions to be listed in May 1, 2018:
Artistic Director, part time